Thursday, September 30, 2010

Summer Bounty Harvest!

Despite that I did not plant anything beside tomatoes on pots. Well, I brought early girl and beef boy which were 5 gal to begin with so I got a few tasty ripe tomatoes! I got zucchini and yellow summer quashes as bonus to my bf mom who had so many that she and her husband could not eat all. I gave most away to our friends to share the bounties! My sister column Northern Light red apple gave lot of flowers but I chose only a few to ripe. The apples were still hanging in the tree but there was strong wind knock them off. It was a good thing that they were ripe. They are sour and felt light but they were very juicy! I still have some display on crystal fruit bowl. They ripe and got knocked down about 3 weeks ago. I made oatmeal brown sugar apple dessert or you could call it like hot cereal breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment