Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Book Review

I just received The Red Pyramid book written by Rick Riordan. It was alright a little mysterious and exciting mixture. However, there are some element the same as the Mortal Instruments:City of Bone, City of Ash, and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. The idea of writing in the air in ancient Egypt hieroglyph symbols is the same as Clary and the Nephilim drew symbol/rune on the skin. Riordan's book aimed at younger audiences than Clare who aimed at teen a little more mature.
I supposed that I forgot much about the Egyptian's myth so it is kind of new and refreshing. There are surprises and twisted turn so make it much harder to guess which I like. The Mortal Instrument saga is easy to guess and not much surprises, thus, I thought it lost its hold on teen reader. The last book, City of Glass, was much better than the other two. The second book was terrible. I read these three because there was no new book out at the time.
I think the whole series of Harry Porter written by J.K Rowling aimed toward wider range of audiences, especially, after the third book, they are harder to read and more details as characters developed and grew more complex. I like Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. It did not take me long to read one book which took me a day to finish. I suppose when I have a good book, it is hard to put it down.
Right now I do not feeling to well so I wont do the restaurant review. I go and eat something to stop the grumping of my tummy and checking out my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment