Monday, May 17, 2010

To Be Raised Bed front yard or not to be









I planted dahlias border which is really short and can barely see even from inside the house. One of dahlias has beautiful bloom right now; the other one is trying to recover from depot being in the ground. I planted both at the same time.
The west side of the front yard get lot of sun and very hot; the other side is pretty much shady which I love! I finally plant Camellia, Azalea, Rhododendron, and Gardenia.
I forgot how to use the Adobe Photoshop to brighten and sharper the image. Oh, well. I have to wait till my teacher get home.

I have Camellia: Sensation, Maria Ave, and Tom Knudsen which all from Home Depot. I was ecstatic when I saw them plus they are huge and much cheaper than ship from a nursery. I need to get Camellia sinensis var. sinensis Small Leaf Tea and another with pink flower.
Winter Garden, Camforest is the best except that the cost of shipping is as much as a plant to my town. Raintree Nursery has many sections that include exotic and from far away land. I ordered many fruit trees from them. They have huge tea tree for less than Camforest.

I hear nothing from the Rogue Valley Rose about my complain. I hope they response soon at least some thing like drop a line ask what can they do for me or clarify what I want.

The middle is the front porch which has less sun so I want to plant azalea and Rhododendron. The camellia may need to be inside during the coldest of the winter. They may bloom inside; thus, I believe that will be more entertaining. I forgot I have another camellia: Marie Bracey, which bloom before Thanksgiving, but it stop and started again after Thanksgiving when the weather was chill/frost to pass new year but not pass Valentine Day.
I want to have a raised bed so that I can see flower when I sit inside with the window shade up or a bent enjoying the cool air. The porch is the coolest and warm without sun except early morning. I have to rethink about this because I use lava rock with moss around the tree as border as in Japanese maple. These lava rock do not stack very well. I found some interesting lava rock with moss.
Moss Acres. I got a few moss but I did not water them so they died or they did not have enough moisture even on a shady porch. I have to find new moss for my zen garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment