Saturday, May 15, 2010

Got the Baking Notebook! Rose Pictures

This dish is Salmon Mint with Walnut Raspberry
Vinaigrette (salad dressing) and a little Cajun spice which work well with fish. There is garlic olive oil and a flash of lemon juice.
I only remembered to get 16 oz of salmon last night along with painter tape to line the soap mold, and AA battery for the camera to take picture of the soap. I forgot the sour dough bread for today French toast! I had to make a 5 mile trip to get the good bread from Smith. There is one Mexican's supermarket but the place is always loud from the music and weekend the place always pack. I rarely went to this supermarket. There are only two of these supermarkets in town.
I was in a hurry to make the breakfast that I forgot to take the picture. I used three eggs, 3 tablespoon of milk, 1/8 tsp salt, a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. 1/2 tsp vanilla because I do not like the smell of egg when I eat. Cinnamon should overcome the smell but I do not like the strong smell of cinnamon much. Cinnamon bun is good but whenever I make it, I do not put much cinnamon and sugar at least for myself. I use 4 1/2 bread to make 4 1/2 French toast for two. I was not able to eat much this morning.
In order to get the Baking Notebook, I had to travel to my boyfriend's parents' house 45 minutes to go to the barn and search for it. I was luck this time to find it because I tried the last time I could not find it.
I had a good night sleep, except that I woke up with a cold that my voice change to croaked. Jordan wanted a share of the bed when everyone was sleeping. She made Jamie moved for her to get a good spot. Jamie went up and slept between us; thus, she moved most of my top cover down. I had only a layer of blanket so I got cold. I do not understand why I should got cold because that layer is the white goose down; perhaps, I did not have the whole thing cover around my body but just my chest.


The red rose is the Fragrant Cloud the smell is sweet and strong. To me it smell delightful. The cottage Old English cabbage like rose is Shasta rose. I think it is one of David Austen Rose which I admire and want to grown as much as possible in the yard.because they smell great and they are gorgeous!
I am baking rib in the oven right now. It had been marinated for an hour. I cleaned out the silver lining skin so that the meat can get much of the marinated sinking in to be tasty. I used virgin olive oil, garlic and onion powder, salt and lot of cracked pepper, Spanish balsamic vinegar, a little Worcestershire powder, and ginger powder. I set the oven @425 degree for 20 minutes, 400 degree for 20 minutes the rest will be 350 degree 25
minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment