Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Forgotten Roses

I had a lot of roses but I had to give them up when I moved. I lost Double Delight, angel, and one more but I forgot the name. Double Delight rose had big blossom, bi-color: red and white, the smell is delightful, the tree is up right and vigorous, and the leaves were dark green. The Angel face rose bloom was purple, smell of strong citrus, and the petals could with stand the heat of the dessert. The rose was more of spreading habit and grew straight up. There was one more rose but I could not recall what was its name.
I brought Abraham Darby, David Austin's rose, apricot, yellow, and tint of pink. The pinker and/or richer the apricot color the stronger the fragrance of rich fruity and spicy--a little. The more yellow the blossom the less fragrance it has. Another rose is Crystallize rose which has high point white--almost pure white-- bloom which barely has any scent. Sweet Honey rose does smell like its name. I forgot the last rose name but by looking at the right you can see that it is beautiful as it has a slight sweet scent that is hard to detect.

No comments:

Post a Comment